Wednesday, June 13, 2007

FOR G.K. CHESTERTON

" It's a test of good religion whether you can make a joke about it."
Chesterton

If it’s a test of good religion
That it can be made out a joke,
Then hope to God it’s just a smidgen
Or Jesus freaks will let you soak
In gasoline then set you burning
Until you’ve proved you’re more discerning
About their church. When you’ve atoned,
They’ll take you out and get you stoned.
If all this seems a bit horrific,
Remember these folks are obsessed
With wanting Satan laid to rest.
Restored now to the beatific,
You’ll see your jokes just don’t amuse
Unless about Islam or Jews.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where do you post from? Your room in the morning? I thought I got here early, but I guess you got me beat.

We'll have to talk about where all your stuff comes from next time....my goodness. The equal opportunity time you afforded Mr. al-Sadr did not go unnoticed.

btw...I'm still here in my room wishing for that weight bench. There happens to be a good flick on cable right now (Three Kings, with George Clooney and Mark Walberg from about 10 years back; highly recommend this one about post Gulf War I Iraq; check it out next time you order some movies or go to the store).

That's all for now. I have a bus to catch.