Free speech was tasered when John Kerry
Was speaking in the Sunshine State.
The state’s a kind of sanctuary
For any who would use live bait
To test exactly what’s essential
For rendering inconsequential
The Constitution’s litmus tests
For voting, speech, who are its guests;
Who makes the final attribution
If someone’s body’s really dead
Or if it’s only in her head.
For Florida’s an institution
Where you might go to live if mad,
A kind of brother to Baghdad.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
- ► 2011 (199)
- ► 2008 (167)
- A VISION OF JUDGMENT
- WHAT'S ECONOMICS FOR, ANYWAY(for JACINDA SWANSON)
- IN PRAISE OF THE ECONOMIST’S STAND ON CIVIL LIBERT...
- FOR FRANK RICH
- FOR BEAUMARCHAIS
- FLORIDA OR A STATE OF EXISTENTIAL INANITY
- HELP WANTED
- AND YOU THINK YOU'VE GOT IT TOUGH
- LEVIATHAN REDUX
- A METAPHYSICAL DISCUSSION
- HILLARY PILLORY
- HIDDEN MOTIVES (for TROUTFISHING)
- APOCALYPSE NOW
- POLITICAL CORRECTNESS (an evangelical plot ?)
- THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR (for LUIS MESSINA)
- ▼ September (17)