Who hasn’t heard that making speeches
Or writing what you want to write
Is educational and teaches
Us how to recognize a blight?
But now we are to be corrected
So other folks won’t feel rejected
With words like “nigger,” “faggot,” “bitch”
That set folks off at fever pitch?
No doubt, these words are truly awful.
But how will progress ever dawn
If we restrict the lexicon
To what’s discreet and make it lawful?
What’s next? That government detain
Who take the name of god in vain?
Monday, September 10, 2007
- ► 2011 (199)
- ► 2008 (167)
- A VISION OF JUDGMENT
- WHAT'S ECONOMICS FOR, ANYWAY(for JACINDA SWANSON)
- IN PRAISE OF THE ECONOMIST’S STAND ON CIVIL LIBERT...
- FOR FRANK RICH
- FOR BEAUMARCHAIS
- FLORIDA OR A STATE OF EXISTENTIAL INANITY
- HELP WANTED
- AND YOU THINK YOU'VE GOT IT TOUGH
- LEVIATHAN REDUX
- A METAPHYSICAL DISCUSSION
- HILLARY PILLORY
- HIDDEN MOTIVES (for TROUTFISHING)
- APOCALYPSE NOW
- POLITICAL CORRECTNESS (an evangelical plot ?)
- THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR (for LUIS MESSINA)
- ▼ September (17)