Oh God, another school year’s starting.
But how am I supposed to teach
When mostly my time’s spent outsmarting
The students who believe free speech
Means passing notes and whispered talking;
Or listening to their Ipod’s squawking?
And when instruction has begun
Some kid yells out “This ain’t no fun.”
Of course it’s not when what I’m doing
Is trying to wrap his little head
Around some books he hasn’t read.
Might just as well stop cattle mooing.
Too, with attention like a flea’s
He’s yet to learn his ABCs.
Thursday, September 6, 2007
- ► 2011 (199)
- ► 2008 (167)
- A VISION OF JUDGMENT
- WHAT'S ECONOMICS FOR, ANYWAY(for JACINDA SWANSON)
- IN PRAISE OF THE ECONOMIST’S STAND ON CIVIL LIBERT...
- FOR FRANK RICH
- FOR BEAUMARCHAIS
- FLORIDA OR A STATE OF EXISTENTIAL INANITY
- HELP WANTED
- AND YOU THINK YOU'VE GOT IT TOUGH
- LEVIATHAN REDUX
- A METAPHYSICAL DISCUSSION
- HILLARY PILLORY
- HIDDEN MOTIVES (for TROUTFISHING)
- APOCALYPSE NOW
- POLITICAL CORRECTNESS (an evangelical plot ?)
- THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR (for LUIS MESSINA)
- ▼ September (17)