Is economics so simplistic
You'd capture it by using math;
Or is it truly agonistic,
As Steinbeck showed in Grapes of Wrath?
Can it be captured in mosaics
Of formulae whose algebraics,
While elegant, put us on hold
As variables uncontrolled?
Assuming perfect information-
Which most economists think bliss
But normal people would dismiss-
Requires a world of their creation.
In other words, a make believe
Where all are absent by their leave.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
- ► 2011 (199)
- ► 2008 (167)
- THE FAMILY VALUES VOTER (for MAX BLUMENTHAL)
- AL ( OUT IN THE COLD ) GORE
- NEOCLASSICAL ECONOMICS ( for RICK AND STEVE )
- DUDE, WHERE'S MY PARTY ?
- HUCKABEE ON IMMIGRATION AND ABORTION
- A QUESTION FOR THE DEMOCRATS
- CONFESSION IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
- ANONYMITY FOR WHOM?
- THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS
- WAKE UP AND SMELL THE STINK
- ON THE 50th ANNIVERSERY OF HOWL
- FOR HARRIET FRAAD
- FOR DAVID RUCCIO
- ▼ October (16)