In politics depended on
Our revolution’s consecration
Of John Locke and his lexicon
Of property held by an owner
Got from his sweat or by his boner
Which justified his holding slaves
And killing off of Indian braves.
Now this in turn made us betrayers
Of revolution’s discontent
As all of us became hellbent
On living lives as good taxpayers-
Except, of course, the superrich
Who played us all with perfect pitch.
- ► 2011 (199)
- ► 2008 (167)
- THE ARGUMENT
- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE WELL-EDUCATED (FOR ALFIE K...
- THE 400 CLUB ( FOR JOHNNY CONNER )
- A TRIBUTE TO JOHN LOCKE
- THE WAR LOVERS
- THE MAD BOMBER
- THE MIRACLE OF AGGREGATION
- WHY RELIGION ?
- FALL GUYS
- PRAYER RESEARCH
- THE VAGINA DIALOGUES 1
- THE VAGINA DIALOGUES 2
- THE VAGINA DIALOGUES 3
- ADVICE FOR THE NEW POET LAUREATE
- CANDOR IN AMERICAN FOREIGN POLICY
- DEMOCRACY'S A FINE THING
- AMERICAN AGGRESSION
- ▼ August (22)