A zealot in his understanding
Can only see what’s straight ahead;
Presents himself as so upstanding,
He’ll never know it when he’s dead;
Cannot be raised above his level
Because he’s held down by a devil
Who keeps him grounded in his sins
Because in truth the two are twins.
Is always troubled with small scruples;
And scratching at these like an itch
He works himself to fever pitch
Until the one or two quadruples
And so inflames his tiny brain
He thinks God told him to raise Cain.
- ► 2011 (199)
- FOR KARL MARX
- SIN TAX
- MANDATORY NICENESS (FOR EZRA LEVANT)
- THE RELIGIOUS ZEALOT
- CHRISTIAN COMPETITION
- THE KISS ASS
- SOUND AND FURY...
- RAPTURE READY
- EXCERPTS FROM POPE BENEDICT'S SPEECH TO HIS BISHOP...
- PRESCRIPTION (FOR DALLAS, WHO JUST DOESN'T GET IT)...
- THE INTELLECTUAL HERITAGE OF RELIGION
- MIDDLE EAT PEACE TALKS
- WITNESS WEAR
- FOR JOHN HEYWOOD (1497-1580)
- FOR ALEXANDER HERZEN
- FOR T-BONE
- CONSPIRACY THEORY
- ASK NOT...
- FOR THE BOARD OF ED IN WAYCROSS, GA. (AND FOR BETT...
- ORACLE (I)
- HOMELAND SECURITY, A TRIBUTE
- A FOREGONE CONCLUSION
- FEAR OF (F)LYING
- REFLECTIONS ON THE CONSTITUTION (II)
- PROMISES, PROMISES
- THE EARS OF GOD
- ▼ April (28)