A politician is a prater
Whose windy talk but signifies
S/he’s no more than a ventilator
Who goes about in human guise;
Who thinks s/he’s speaking when s/he’s saying
What donkeys do when they are braying;
Who trumpets as a Holy Grail
The garbage at a rummage sale;
Who flatters publics as their duty
Until, at last, they find they’re hung
By lengths of lies they call a tongue;
Whose final words come out their bootie,
As feces are foregone by farts.
These are the politicians’ arts.
- ► 2011 (199)
- FOR KARL MARX
- SIN TAX
- MANDATORY NICENESS (FOR EZRA LEVANT)
- THE RELIGIOUS ZEALOT
- CHRISTIAN COMPETITION
- THE KISS ASS
- SOUND AND FURY...
- RAPTURE READY
- EXCERPTS FROM POPE BENEDICT'S SPEECH TO HIS BISHOP...
- PRESCRIPTION (FOR DALLAS, WHO JUST DOESN'T GET IT)...
- THE INTELLECTUAL HERITAGE OF RELIGION
- MIDDLE EAT PEACE TALKS
- WITNESS WEAR
- FOR JOHN HEYWOOD (1497-1580)
- FOR ALEXANDER HERZEN
- FOR T-BONE
- CONSPIRACY THEORY
- ASK NOT...
- FOR THE BOARD OF ED IN WAYCROSS, GA. (AND FOR BETT...
- ORACLE (I)
- HOMELAND SECURITY, A TRIBUTE
- A FOREGONE CONCLUSION
- FEAR OF (F)LYING
- REFLECTIONS ON THE CONSTITUTION (II)
- PROMISES, PROMISES
- THE EARS OF GOD
- ▼ April (28)