According to the Constitution,
Secreted in the Bill of Rights,
You have to talk if your locution
Won't land you in a court’s searchlights.
This means the feds can be freewheeling
And torture you beyond all feeling
So long as you’re not brought to trial
But held until you’ve gone senile.
No doubt the Bush administration
On Cheney’s orders took a stand
On pulling off this slight of hand.
And so, what’s next? The cancellation
Of free speech rights? To take a breath,
And, speaking, talk yourself to death?
- ► 2011 (199)
- ARE PREACHERS RISKING THEIR TAX EXEMPT STATUS?
- RELIGION IN THE PUBLIC SQUARE
- ANTITERRORISM TACTICS
- THE FIFTH AMENDMENT
- WORKERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!
- THROUGH A LOOKING GLASS
- LIQUOR STORE STICK UP ( A RAP IN OTTAVA RIMA)
- VACATIONS IN AN EMPTY HEAD
- A NEW IDENTITY
- WHAT? ME VOTE?
- THE AVERAGE VOTER'S PROFILE
- JOHN McCAIN OBAMA
- HOBBES WAS WRONG!
- ECONOMIC DEMOCRACY
- ▼ September (18)