Of course both sides will keep on lying
Until they’ve either won or lost.
Since losing would be mortifying,
They’ll tell their lies and damn the cost.
The bigger liar wins elections
By circumventing our reflections
And substituting in their stead
Vacations in an empty head.
Most liars use documentation
The way a forger plies his trade-
He uses truth that’s appliquéd
Enough to cause a defamation
Of character that when it’s slurred
Confirms what we would have averred.
- ► 2011 (199)
- ARE PREACHERS RISKING THEIR TAX EXEMPT STATUS?
- RELIGION IN THE PUBLIC SQUARE
- ANTITERRORISM TACTICS
- THE FIFTH AMENDMENT
- WORKERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!
- THROUGH A LOOKING GLASS
- LIQUOR STORE STICK UP ( A RAP IN OTTAVA RIMA)
- VACATIONS IN AN EMPTY HEAD
- A NEW IDENTITY
- WHAT? ME VOTE?
- THE AVERAGE VOTER'S PROFILE
- JOHN McCAIN OBAMA
- HOBBES WAS WRONG!
- ECONOMIC DEMOCRACY
- ▼ September (18)